Ready to find your new home?
Buying a home can be a stressful process for you and your family. My goal is to minimize the stress you will encounter from getting pre-qualified for a mortgage to handing you your keys on closing day. I am committed to excellence and service and guarantee a solid, open line of communication and rapid response always.
The Loan Process:
- Mortgage Consultation: It’s important that you have a mortgage consultation so you know how much you can afford before you start shopping for a home. Application: Be prepared with the required documents, including personal information and information on the property you want to purchase.
- Processing: Your loan processor will gather all the necessary loan documents. You should begin to shop for homeowners insurance and direct your chosen company to provide your processor with information about the policy.
- Underwriting: The underwriter analyzes and interprets the information in the loan package, reviews the property and your credit, orders mortgage insurance (if applicable), and assigns conditions.
- Funding and Closing: If your loan is approved, the funder orders the loan documents, the borrower signs the docs (which are then re-verified), final conditions are satisfied, the funds are requested and title is passed from the seller to the borrower(s). Congratulations on the purchase of your new home!
Smart Tips During Home Buying – Here are some things to avoid:
- Changing jobs, becoming self employed, or quiting your job.
- Making any large purchase.
- Using charge cards excessively or making late payments.
- Spending money you have set aside for closing costs.
- Omitting debts or liabilities from your loan application.
- Making large deposits without first checking with your advisor.
- Changing bank accounts.
- Co-signing a loan for anyone.
Here are some useful downloads:
- New Buyer Questionaire – The first step in sharing with me what you are looking for in your new home.
- The Home Buying Roadmap – Steps involved in the buying process.
- House Hunting Checklist – Take this with you to any open house, fill out and send back to me.
- Real Estate Terminology – A list of commont terms in real estate.
- Complete Buyer’s Packet – Everything consolidated into one convenient packet.